Laboratories and research infrastructures
The Dipartimento Politecnico di Ingegneria e Architettura provides confortable open space office for all IIE-PhD fellows.
Also it provides high standard technical support through a number of high quality research laboratories, which occupy a total area of about 2500 sqm. In particular the Department hosts the following laboratories, which are located in 5 rooms within the “Rizzi Building” and in the “Sondrio Laboratories”, modulo n 11.
List of IIE Laboratories
- Advanced 3D Modeling and Applications Lab (A3DM&A Lab)
- Guided Propagation and Antennas Laboratory
- Laboratory of active noise and vibration control ANVC-LAB
- Mechatronics and Robotics Laboratory
- Structural Integrity and MEchanical Design Lab (SIMED Lab)
- Power Electronics Laboratory (PEL)
- Laboratory of Management Engineering (LABGest)
- Nano and Microelectronics LAB
- Wireless and Power Line Communications Lab
- Laboratory of Sensors and Biosignals (BioSens Lab)
- Laboratory for Advanced Mechatronics (LAMA FVG)
- Power Electronic Converters, Electric Machines and Drives Laboratory (PEMD)
- Electromagnetic compatibility, advanced simulation and applied electromagnetics laboratory (EMCLab)
All laboratories are fitted with dedicated acquisition and processing instrumentation as well as specialised electro-mechanical rigs and setups suited to PhD research projects. Both hardware and software resources are constantly updated thanks to the support provided by the large number of research projects and industrial collaborations the Dipartimento Politecnico di Ingegneria e Architettura is involved in.
The IIE-PhD also benefits from the support of four technicians belonging to the Department:
Elvio Castellarin – electrical and electronic workshops;
Franco Duca – mechanical workshop;
Gilberto Forte – mechanical workshop;
Fabiano Zaninotto – Information Technology workshop.
Finally IIE-PhD fellows have access to the Science Library, which holds a relevant number of publications specialised in the research sectors of interest to the PhD programme.